A Little Background
I am a freshman in high school. I love my friends and trying new things. I am completely type A and quite the perfectionist. I strive to have a perfect 4.0, but I’m learning (slowly) that grades are not everything. Life is short, and enjoying it is very important. I have a boyfriend whom I love a lot and we would spend every waking moment together if possible, but it’s not 😉
I struggled for a long time (about a year) with anorexia. It was the worst year of my life, but I learned a lot about myself. I came out of it with a passion for working out and nutrition. I worked through therapy and with the help of a nutritionist and very compassionate parents, I managed to beat this very tough illness. I consider myself completely recovered and love my life! If anyone has any questions or is struggling and just wants to talk, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. (no period, obv)
I work out around 5-6 days of the week with at least one rest day for my growing body. I used to be a big runner but that took a tole on my young body, so it’s something I may pick up when I am older and my body is done growing. I love yoga and strength training with some cardio involved. I hope to become a certified yoga instructor by the time I’m in college and I just love yoga soooo much. I’ve been practicing it for over a year, but I am looking to go deeper.
I try to follow about a 90-10 philosophy, meaning that 90% of the time I eat very healthily (whole grains, fruits, veggies, etc) but the other 10% (vacations, holidays, etc) of the year I can let loose a little bit. I really love eating healthy. I feel better, look better, and I love eating the way I do. My diet includes lots of fruit, greek yogurt, oatmeal, whole grains, and peanut butter. Oh peanut butter…see my nut butter and breakfast page for more information 🙂
I am a Christian and proud of it! Faith is a huge part of my life, hence the name of this blog. I consider recovery 100 110% possible. Ya just gotta have faith 🙂
“So never worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” -Matthew 6:34
Thanks so much for reading!