Oh bloggers, I have been a bad, bad blogette. Lack of posts, lack of commenting, but honestly…
I have been living and LOVING life!!
And I cannot apologize for that! The thing is: with soccer, schoolwork, the BOY, and just everyday living, blogging sometimes HAS to take a backseat, and that’s OKAY!
I am SO glad to get an opportunity to REST today. I had no plans, NO homework, nothing. It was absolutely glorious.
I did some reading, went grocery shopping, went to the bookstore, and had a fabulous workout. So I didn’t do NOTHING; I just didn’t have a set “agenda.”
I had a soccer game on Thursday and Friday, and have three more games this week! The life of a Student-Athlete. But I wouldn’t have it any other way!!
BOO. I got a new magazine at the bookstore– “Abs” (Oxygen) LOVE IT!! It makes me think of April, haha.
Today’s workout (even with SUPER SORE quads from soccer)
- Few minutes on bike as warm up
- Leg Work:
- Hip Adduction: 10 sets of 10 (155 pounds)
- Hip Abduction: 10 sets of 10 (145 pounds)
- Calves: 5 sets of 10 (175-200 pounds)
- Hamstring: 5 sets of 10 (75 pounds)
- Leg Curl: 3 sets of 10 (55-60 pounds)
- Leg Press: 2 sets of 10 (single leg) 50 pounds, 1 set of 10 (both legs) 130 pounds
- 100 second wall squat
- 3 sets of 15 wall squats with exercise ball
- a few leg strengthening mat moves—don’t know official names, sorry!
- Ab Work:
- 30 second plank, 30 second side plank (each side)
- X2, end with another 30 second plank
- 1 minute Russian Twists with medicine ball (6 lbs?)
- 1 minute plank on medicine ball
- 1 minute plank on bosu ball, bringing knee to elbow every ten seconds
- 20 sets of plank dips on each side
- some kickboxing/ab moves
- 1 minute side plank each side, 1 minute frontal plank
- 2 sets of 15 reverse crunches
- 2 sets of 10 pilates scissors
- 2 sets of 30 bicycle crunches
- 2 sets of 10 leg drops
- Captain’s Chair: 3 sets of 10
- Torso Rotation: 2 sets of 15 (15 pounds)
- Russian Twists (legs mostly on ground) 45 seconds (10 lbs medicine ball)
- Arm Work:
- Triceps: 2 sets of 10 (40 pounds)
- Biceps: 2 sets of 10 (35 pounds)
- Assisted Chin Up: 2 sets of 10 (70 pounds)
- Assisted Triceps Dip: 2 sets of 10 (70 pounds)
- Chest Press: 2 sets of 10 (30 pounds?)
Twas a grand workout indeed!
Verse of the Day (found here) I Corinthians 1:18
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Well, it’s getting late! Love you guys!
Have a GREAT night!