Hello All 😀 Long time no speak,
imagine that, I have missed y’all dearly. A couple friends spent the weekend at my house and we had SUCH a blast. Gotta love a best friend!
It was a really tough week emotionally for me. Two families at my school lost a parent (one mother, one father) and a former student (whose mom still works at our school) went into liver failure and needed an emergency liver transplant. I am ecstatic to say that she received a liver and it was a perfect match! She is doing wonderful. She’s a really close friend, and I could not be more happy! Praise Jesus 🙂
I wasn’t able to snap lots of pictures! But I was able to snap a few. Including tonight’s grocery store trip where I scored BIG TIME!
- yogurt: both Greek and regular
- string cheese
- deli meat
- bars (z-bars!!)
- peanut butter
- instant oatmeal (HAD to get it—hazelnut? Talk about delish.)
- vitamin water
- ben and jerry’s frozen yog/ice cream
Really liked it! But it was not as good as the other Oikos flavors. I probably wouldn’t buy this often, partially due to the small size and costly price!
- Pros: Really tasty, not overtly carmel-y and has a very nice creaminess, and obviously, really good for you!
- Cons: Small portions and $4.50 for four! (and they only come in packs of four!)
I had a fabulous workout today!
- Warm up on exercise bike
- Leg Work:
- Hamstring: 4 sets of 10 (75 pounds), 1 set of 10 (80 pounds)
- Leg Abduction: 4 sets of 10 (150 pounds), 4 sets of 8/10 (155 pounds)
- Leg Adduction: 8 sets of 10 (155 pounds)
- Leg Curl: 1 set of 10 (55 pounds), 2 sets of 10 (60 pounds)
- Calves: 4 sets of 10 (175 pounds)
- Leg Press: (one leg at a time) 3 sets of 10 (50 pounds)
- Wall Squat held for 100 seconds
- Wall Squats with exercise ball: 3 sets of 15
- Ab Work:
- 30 second plank, 30 second side plank each side
- X2 end with another 30 second plank
- Russian Twists ( is this the correct name?) 6 lb. medicine ball: 1 minute (leg up in air)
- 1 minute plank on bosu ball
- 2 sets of 10 low-planks—merging forward, then back=1
- 20 side plank dips each side
- 10 leg drops
- 10 Pilates scissors
- 30 bicycles
- 15 reverse crunches
- 1 minute side plank: each side
- Captain’s Chair: 5 sets of 10
- Torso Rotation: 1 set of 15, 1 set of 10 (15 pounds)
- Foam Roller+Stretching!!
Was a great workout indeed!
Verse of the Day: Psalm 27:3,5,13-14
Though an army may encamp against me, My heart shall not fear; Though war may rise against me,In this I will be confident. For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; In the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock. I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!
It’s a long verse, but a GREAT one!
Birthday Countdown: 19 days 🙂
Have a terrific night everyone! I’ll catch on my google reader tomorrow night 🙂