Hey beautiful bloggers! I hope everyone had a restful weekend. I had a great weekend! It was not very productive, but productive enough 😉
Saturday, as I previously mentioned, I had drivers ed. (Only TWO more days left. Yes please!) I also exchanged gifts with the boyfriend. He got me these GORGEOUS earrings and a jar of dark chocolates. Does he know me well or what? 😉
Before he came over, I hit up the gym. Here’s what I did. It was all strength! No cardio needed!
- Stationary Bike Warm Up (okay, so I guess there was SOME cardio!)
- Leg Work
- Hip Adductor: 4 sets of 10, 4 sets of 8 (150 pounds)
- Hip Abductor: 4 sets of 10, 4 sets of 8 (145 pounds)
- Calves: 3 sets of 20 (175 pounds)
- Hamstring: 5 sets of 10 (75 pounds)
- Leg Curl: 3 sets of 10 (50 pounds)
- Wall Squat held for 100 seconds
- Wall Squats with exercise ball: 3 sets of 15
- Leg Lifts: 3 sets of 10 on each leg (done while laying down, leg go straight up—focus on the legs, not abs)
- Ab Work:
- 30 second half-plank, 30 second side plank, 30 second side plank, repeated TWICE and another 30 second half-plank
- Pilates Scissors
- 30 second side plank (one on each side)
- 60 second full plank on bosu ball
- side plank dips
- torso rotations
- plank “dips”
- reverse crunches
- leg lifts
- Arm Work
- Assisted pull ups
- Assisted dips
- Assisted pull down: 55 pounds (2 set of 10)
- Row: 2 sets of 10 (50 pounds)
- Another row machine: 2 sets of 10 (45 pounds)
- Biceps: 2 sets of 10 (30 pounds
- Foam Roller+Stretching
Was a GREAT workout! Left my arms shaking.
I now have MUSCLES! I think it is because of all the yoga and strength training I do (a bazillion pushups at basketball practice) that I now officially have a bicep! I can flex and there’s something there. It’s pretty cool 😉 LOL.
I went to yoga today and it was glorious! It was focused on flow and it was just amazing. Lots of tough poses, but lots of yummy poses too. Gotta love that balance! Plus an extra long savasana. Well deserved!
Speaking of yummy, I have been eating some pretty darn yummy things lately!
Let’s start with some foods from a few days ago, then I’ll show you today’s eats. Okay?
- Honey Chobani
- Cinnamon LIFE Cereal
- TOTAL Cinnamon Cereal
- White Chocolate Wonderful
- Crack Wrap (provolone, hummus, gala apple, in a flat out wrap)
- Rice Chips (Brown Rice Chips—Parmesan flavor)
- Strawberry Organic Yogurt with Granola
- String cheese
- Kashi crackers with hummus
- 2 homemade pancakes topped with cinnamon raisin swirl, honey, banana, and cinnamon
- egg on the side
Ehh, a little low! But I ate such delicious food. Such a terrific day of eats!
Now for some blogger presents!
I won Melinda’s Sun and Earth cleaning products giveaway! Thanks so much girl!
I won Meg’s giveaway a while back and WOW, she hooked me up! I could not have imagined a sweeter package. She is such a terrific girl!
That’s all for now!!
Verse of the Day: Proverbs 15:17
A bowl of vegetables with someone you love is better than steak with someone you hate.
Have a fabulous week everyone! It’s spirit week at my school and tomorrow is P.J. day. Hello UGGS and comfy robe!