Hey all! Sorry for not posting last night—spending time with my grandparents, who had just gotten in, was mandatory and most important 🙂
Let’s number these random thoughts like the LOVELY Ms. GC!
1) I know I say this a lot, but it’s true: I am SO happy! I could not be enjoying my thanksgiving break more! I’m surrounded by food, fun, and family that I love. What could be better??
2) I have made the decision to start upping my strength workouts. I do strength training around 3 times a week, specifically leg strength, my favorite! I need to keep my legs strong for basketball and LIFE. I plan on going to the gym tomorrow morning to do some leg strength training that will include squats, leg machines, lunges, etc. I think in working out and LIFE in general, variety is key. Our muscles will get used to something if we don’t change it up ever!! I love strength training because I don’t necessarily need a gym to do it! Although I love the gym’s free weight machines 😉
3) With the increase of activity lately, I think I need to up the energy intake. No, I DO NOT want to/ DO NOT count calories. But, like April recently did, I think I should make a more conscious effort to listen to my body even more than usual. I am pretty good with intuitive eating, and I eat very, very healthily. My metabolism lately is ROARING and I am always hungry. I never want to ignore those hunger cries, even if I’ve eaten lunch forty five minutes ago! I have come to terms that I need more than the average person, and that is perfectly acceptable 🙂
4) I am currently watching the Biggest Loser! I really have grown to love the show. Do I agree with everything they stand for? No. I don’t think it’s healthy to workout for 3+ hours a day…BUT the success stories are innumerable! This really shows my passion for health and fitness and how I really want to make it my living when I grow up. I just want to help people be the best they can be, the healthiest they can be, but most importantly, the HAPPIEST they can be.
5) I’m VERY excited for Thanksgiving! I am SO glad I can actually enjoy the food this year. Two years ago, when I was at my worst, I remember eating practically NOTHINGGG and not enjoying is at ALLL! That’s no way to spend thanksgiving, right? Now, I don’t think it’s right to stuff yourself to the point of sickness, but eating more than normal and having a good time, that sounds about right! It’s ONE day out of the year. Like Jenny said in one of her latest posts, ONE day is not going to undo your year. It’s OK to have that second plate. It’s OK to have your PIE and EAT it too! Enjoy the food, give thanks, and have fun!!
6) I am SO excited about CHRISTMAS! I got a LOT of my Christmas shopping done today—at great prices! I am almost done shopping for the boyfriend and completely finished with my cousins. I just have my mom, dad, and brothers. And I know what I’m getting all of them! 🙂
Wow, that’s a LOT of paragraphs. Major props if you got through it! 🙂
Let’s get onto the FOOD. This is a health/FOOD blog, right?!
I recently made some Annie’s shells!! I also put some broc in there for my veggies, ya know 😉 More Greek/Reg. yogurt messes… A yummy breakfast with a sandwich thin, egg, provolone, banana, and Bee’s Knees!
With milk… Sweet potato fries with ketchup and almond buttahhh!
That’s enough for now, I think 😉
Verse of the Day: Psalm 100 (I know I did this like three days ago, but it’s SO good!)
Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!