What foods do you think of when you hear “Happy Halloween?”
Spooky Smores Z-bar? Spiced Pumpkin Pie Clif Bar? (deeelicious) Maybe it’s a pumpkin pie yogurt mess? No, I know what it is. It’s definitely a bowl of pumpkin oatmeal. Topped with agave, raisins, coconut, brown sugar, and dark chocolate peanut butter.
- 1/3 cup oats+1/3 cup both water and milk
- 1 banana
- ~1/3 cup pumpkin
- brown sugar
- dark chocolate chips
Happy Halloween!! (Source)
P.S I plan on having a giveaway shortly. I’m still concocting it 🙂
The wonderful people from Xagave were very quick to send me my “prize pack” after I won Emily’s giveaway!
There are SO many amazing recipes in the recipe book! I cannot wait to try many of them!! Thanks again Emily!
Although I’ve only tried this product once, on my oatmeal, it was fantastic!! Added the perfect sweetness!
I also received the two of the new POM flavors (pomegranate kiwi, and pomegranate nectarine!) from the amazing people from POM wonderful. I received two of the flavors of the Pom X iced coffee! (Chocolate and Cafe au Lait)
- Honestly, they are all sooo good! I have not tried the Cafe au Lait yet, but my friend had one of the samples and really enjoyed it! She also loved the Chocolate flavor! It’s very chocolate-y!! Kinda like choc. milk?
- Both of the new flavors are fabulous as well! I love how fruity they are. I plan on using half of one to make fruity oatmeal… 🙂
Thanks to the people from POM! They are sooo wonderful!!
Today’s workout, in addition to some basketball action, was a great one!!
- 5 minute warm up on the stationary bike
- Leg Work
- Hip Abduction: 8 sets of 10 (150 pounds)
- Hip Adduction: 8 sets of 10 (150 pounds)
- Calves: 3 sets of 12 (175 pounds)
- Leg Curl: 3 sets of 10 (55 pounds)
- Hamstring: 5 sets of 10 (75/85 pounds)
- Leg Press: 4 sets of 10 (130 pounds)
- Wall Squat held for 2 minutes
- Wall squats with exercise ball: 3 sets of 15
- Knee Strengthening Exercises
- Ab Work:
- 30 second plank, 30 second side plank, 30 second side plank
- REPEAT with another 30 second plank to end with
- side planks with toe hold
- leg extensions
- torso twist: 3 sets of 15 (15 pounds)
- other random ab work thrown in there too!
- Arm Work
- tricep work+shoulder work (too tired to really remember!! Haha!)
- pushups, for example
- 15 minute stationary bike
- Yoga/Stretching/Foam Roller
Twas a great workout, that’s for sure!!
Post-workout was a new fabulous sandwich combo! It was: 2 slices of Ezekiel 4:9 cinnamon raisin bread (<3) spread with DCD and coconut. Oh my it was heavenly! Dinner tonight was scrumptious!! I don’t have any pictures, but it was a stir-fry consisting of brown rice, soy sauce, broccoli, asparagus, mushrooms, onions, green bell pepper, snap peas, and chicken. Very green and very healthy and balanced. The perfect dinner!
White rice was also made for some of my family, so the leftovers were used to make homemade rice pudding. I just had to have a little 😉 I topped mine with raisins, cinnamon, and dark chocolate chips ❤
My family and I took a trip to the Bookstore tonight and while I sipped on a Chai Tea Latte,
and got hit on , I found Food, Inc. which I am SO excited to read! My parents are interested too! (I had an organic apple tonight as well, which is atop the book, lol.)
Verse of the Day: Psalm 37:4
Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Have a great night everyone! Enjoy that extra hour!