Happy Saturday! Hope everyone’s Saturday has treated them well!
I’ve had a lovely one, that’s for sure! I’ll tell what I did/how it went as I show the pictures, k?
I awoke and preceded to take my pooch for a walk before breakfast. For breakfast I decided on Angela’s Green Monster Pancakes. YUM! These never fail and always fill me up. I had a huge pile of them, topped with real maple syrup, some all natural raspberry syrup, and all natural peanut butter. (My substitutions were almond milk instead of coconut milk and whole wheat pastry flour instead of the spelt flour.) Oh boyyy! Yum! I don’t know about y’all, but spinach drives me CRAZY. It goes bad within like 2 freaking days. I don’t know if the organic spinach I bought was bad. But like the last two times it’s gone bad within a matter of a couple days. Any suggestions?!
The time between breakfast and lunch was spent blogging and getting a healthy dose of vitamin D in the form of tanning outside for ~50 minutes. I got on my little bikini and knocked out 25 pages of Mythology. I’m on track to finish like the day before school starts. That day before school will definitely be a busy one! I’ve got notes to compile and put together!
To say we don’t have a lot in our house in terms of food would be an understatement. I didn’t have a lot to work with today, but I did my best!
After a great workout…
- 20 minutes intense biking (6.75 miles in 20 min)
- Leg Work:
- Hamstring: 4 sets of 15 (30/50 pounds)
- Leg Curl: 3 sets of 10 (40 pounds)
- Calves: 3 sets of 15 (130 pounds)
- Hip Adductor: 8 sets of 12 (130/135 pounds)
- Hip Abduction: 8 sets of 12 (130/135 pounds)
- Wall Squat: 1 held for 100 seconds (!)
- Arm Work (I’m slowly starting back into my arm work—I don’t want to overdo it for my wrist’s sake)
- Row: 3 sets of 11 (30 pounds)
- Lateral Raise: 3 sets of 8 (15 pounds)
- Chest Press: 3 sets of 8 (25 pounds)
- Pectoral Fly (?): 3 sets of 8 (25 pounds)
- Ab Work:
- 100 crunches
- Side Plank Dips
- Other Ab exercises that I don’t exactly know the name of!
- Foam Roller+Stretching
*Was a wonderful workout!*
…I had a sweet potato plain other than the seasonings. This was the best sweet potato I’ve ever had. I was loving every bite! Mmm cooked perfectly! You can see that I kind of cut up like Heather usually does to her sweet potatoes. What a great idea!
But oh no, that wasn’t all I had! 🙂 My hunger was un-satiable! So I continued with oats in a jar. We’re all out of bananas, so I used granny smith apple instead. Twas delicious. Served in my maranatha almond butter jar ❤ Love this almond butter! I eat it plain with a spoon now! It will never replace my beloved peanut butter, but it’s really close! Mmmm…
It also made beautiful pictures! I’ve been fooling around with the black and white effects on Windows Live and they look really cool. Maybe another post I’ll use the black and white effects? Either way here they are!
Here’s the snacks I consumed tonight—while completely going through our bonus room. Feels so much more clean and organized!
1. Kashi honey sunshine with milk and strawberries 2. Remainder of Skippy Natural PB jar So as you can see, lots of nut butter action going on today. When in doubt (or have practically nothing!) go for the nut butter. Gotta love those healthy fats!
Verse of the Day: Psalm 139:14
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Isn’t that awesome?!
In giveaway news,
I’m exhausted! Tomorrow’s Plan: Church+Nursery+Workout (Yoga? Hopefully!) then the bf’s tomorrow night (?). (Btw, thank you for all the sweet comments. He’s doing okay, bummed, but okay. At least he has lots of time to do summer reading 😉 ) Haha, it’s all up in the air! 🙂
P.S JB gave me an award and I will include that in my next post! I’m SO sorry, but I’m just too tired. It’s past 11:30 and this girl needs her beauty sleep 😉
P.P.S Thank you for all the car comments and suggestions! I’ll definitely check them all out and I’ll talk more about cars in my next post!
Thanks again for everything ladies!