Happy Saturday girlies! Hope everyone’s had a fabulous day. Mine has been wonderful for sure! Without further to do, let’s get started!
Today started out glorious-ly. After a walk with the dog, I made this delicious bowl of happiness. Gotta love that AB and PB together-ness.
I also had a small golden delicious apple. Twas delicious for sure!
After breakfast digested and all, it was gym time! Here’s my workout:
- 15 minutes of stationary biking
- Leg Work:
- Hamstring: 5 sets of 8 (30 pounds)
- Hip Adduction: 8 sets of 12 (115/120 pounds)
- Hip Abduction: 8 sets of 12 (115/120 pounds)
- Calves: 3 sets of 15 (95 pounds)
- Leg Press: 3 sets of 10 (75 pounds)
- Arm Work:
- Row: 3 sets of 8 (50 pounds)
- Seated Row: 3 sets of 8 (40 pounds)
- Assisted Pull-down (?): 3 sets of 8 (55 pounds)
- Bicep Curl: 3 set of 8 (25 pounds)
- Tricep Extension: 3 sets of 8 (30 pounds)
- Ab Work:
- 2 sets of 10- side plank “dips”
- 100 crunches
- Torso Rotation: 3 sets of 10 (15 pounds)
- More Strength
- Did the leg parts of the C&K Strength Training (knee strengthening moves+wall squats)
- Stretching and Foam Roller
After working out, I hit up the grocery store next to the gym (different shopping center, right next door) for a few necessary items. Kroger is officially my new favorite grocery store EVER. For both the food and the prices! Like everything is lower priced than it is at Lowes/ Harris Teeter. They have an “all natural/organic” section that is seriously a bloggers paradise. It was hard to not spend all day in it. But I found a few new things. (THEY HAD NEWMAN’S OWN PRODUCTS TOO!) But sadly I didn’t get any. Next time 😀
FINALLY I FOUND IT. Almond milk. Yesss! Hello ABU/PBU! (Do you get the title?)
That’s not all that was bought. I also got some peaches, organic granny smiths, sweet potatoes, and bananas.
Lunch featured a new wrap combo! Here’s what went inside: sweet potato (cinnamon and garlic powder for seasoning), mashed avocado, and hummus. Oh my word! SO GOOD. I saw something like this on Emily’s blog and was so glad I tried it!
I also had a plain oikos with trail mix and some random nuts. In all honesty, I could not handle the tangy-ness of this. I much prefer the flavored ones! I couldn’t even finish the yogurt. I had an organic apple with all natural and organic peanut butter as well.
Snack today was going to be some PBU. But I realized the kind of peanut butter I used it super, super creamy and running. So I’m guessing that’s why my PBU turned into a watery mess. Any tips for me? I have plenty of almond butter I can use.
Snacks ended up being pretzels with hummus and salsa. Along with 1/2 a banana filled with organic peanut butter.
In giveaway news,
Verse of the Day (according to this website) Matthew 16:23
Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men.