Heyyyy there! My name is Jessica. Haha remember me? I’m SO sorry it’s been so long since I’ve posted. I’m super, super busy between camp, summer reading, and working out. There just aren’t enough hours in the day! This post isn’t gonna be long, but I wanted to let you know that I am still here 😀
I am absolutely adoring camp! I work with the little 7 year old girls. They’re so cute and super nice, good kids as well. I’m an assistant counselor with a wonderful girl who I love as well. I am enjoying camp so much, but I do miss my usual schedule/routine. Not to mention my food! Although the only thing that’s different about my eating is lunches. So it’s no biggie 🙂 Here’s what a typical day for me is:
- Wake up at 7:00. Get ready, pack bag, bring snacks, etc.
- 8:15- Short bible study before campers arrive with other staff members
- 9-5- camp! we have lots of activities so the day really flies by!
- 12:30- lunch- macaroni and cheese, PB & J’s, corn dogs. I usually have a light lunch surrounded by two snacks a little before and at snack time. I typically have part of the main with carrots. Like today I had mac n’ cheese and carrots. Not too bad, but certainly no avocado wrap! No worries though-everything in moderation.
- Get home around 5:30- eat a delicious, healthy dinner.
- 6-7—> ? – workout. I’ve been going to yoga, doing strength training, and cardio as well. I am certainly not lacking in the workout department with camp+trips to the gym!!
I have officially tried Swiss Oats! Kaylie helped me out and sent me an email on how to make them. Here’s what I did: took half cup of oats and mixed it with 1 container of raspberry lemonade (stoneyfield) yogurt. Let it sit overnight in the fridge and in the morning added milk for my desired consistency. Topped it with blueberries, black berries, banana, and PB. YUMMMMMM!
My camera has kinda like stopped working. I can still take pics but the screen/view is allllll light-streaked and bright. So odd! But I can still take them I just don’t really know what they look like until I load them into windows live!
I’m not worried at all about gaining weight or anything like that. If anything I have to be careful to eat enough at camp with all the activity and small-for-me lunches! I have no problem eating foods that I’m not accustomed to everything once in awhile and am a big believer of everything in moderation, but it’s when it’s a daily occurrence that I start to feel a little BLAH.
Here’s what a typical day of eats entails!
- Breakfast: Greek Yogurt Mess+Scoop of PB for fat
- Morning Snack: Kashi Pumpkin Spice Bar
- Lunch: mac n’ cheese, carrots, water
- Afternoon Snack: Peanuts/Banana
- Dinner: Whole Grain spaghetti topped with spaghetti sauce, salad
- Night-time Snack: Organic PB, FROYO, all natural ice cream, and the like
I’m surviving. I also think it’s good to realize that there are going to be situations where we are not in control of what we’re eating and THAT’S OKAY. It’s OKAY to live a little. Nothing is going to happen to me. I’ll just go back to my norm after these two weeks and it won’t even have mattered!
I wish I could post pictures of the kids but I try to be as safe as possible. So just imagine some of the most adorable 7 year olds possible 🙂
It’s all worth it when you hear kids in your cabin saying it was the best day ever!
Well, that’s all folks 😉 I’m off for a good sweat sesh and then maybe a little commenting and most certainly some summer reading. If I haven’t commented on your blog in a while know that I’m truly sorry and wish I had time to comment on each and every one of y’alls blogs!
SIDE NOTE: I am pretty positive I sprained my left wrist. So maybe having to miss two weeks of bball camp is a good thing?? I think I’m going to the doctor sometime, but I can’t seem to figure out when that would even be possible!
In giveaway news,
If I disappear again, don’t fret. I’m just living and loving life 🙂
Be back when I’m back 😛
LOVE YOU ALL!!