I couldn’t think of anything else to name this post. Haha! I’m just really happy! It’s been a really good day and I’m overflowing with positivity.😀 Life is GOOD!
Woke up and had a few almonds with an apple—was running late. Whoopsie! Basketball was wonderful. It wasn’t a very strenuous practice, we just learned a lot and worked at a slower pace. If that makes sense😛
Got home, took dog for a walk, and immediately set to work on breakfast. I’ve been trying to eat as soon as possible after a workout, and this breakfast did not disappoint in my expectations. This mix it up bowl had the following:
- 1 container of Strawberry Chobani
- Kashi Warm Cinnamon Cereal
- A handful or so of Organic Honey Toasted Oats
- 1/2 a banana
- 4 strawberries, sliced
Lunch was super yummy as well! My mom, grandma, and I got lunch from a little cafe. (I’d tell you where, but it would totally give away where I live) I ordered grilled salmon on top of a salad with pear, blue cheese, walnuts, and figs. With a raspberry vinaigrette. Mmm! After relaxing, I was itching to do some strength training! I went to the gym and did just that. Had one of the best workouts I’ve had in a while. I LOVE strength training. I’ve greatly improved my strength as well (for example, on assisted pull-downs (?) I’ve gone from 40 pounds to 55!) Here’s my workout if I can remember everything!
- 6 minutes of biking to warm up
- Leg Work:
- Hamstring: 5 sets of 8 (30 pounds)
- Hip Adductor: 12 sets of 12 (115/120 pounds)
- Hip Abduction: 12 sets of 12 (115/120 pounds)
- Calves: 3 sets of 15 (95 pounds)
- Leg Press: 3 sets of 10 (70 pounds)
- Arm Work
- Row: 3 sets of 8 (50 pounds)
- Seated Row: 3 sets of 8 (40 pounds)
- Chest Press: 3 sets of 10 (30 pounds)
- Lateral Raise: 3 sets of 8 (15 pounds)
- Assisted Pull-down (?): 3 sets of 8 (55 pounds)
- Bicep Curl: 3 set of 8 (25 pounds)
- Tricep Extension: 3 sets of 8 (25 pounds)
- Ab Work:
- Torso Rotation: 5 sets of 10 (15 pounds)
- Another “machine” that I don’t know the name of!
- C&K Strength Training Routine
- Stretching and Foam Rolling
Dinner was equally delicious. I took a sweet potato, topped it with my typical seasonings. One half was almond butter (MMM) and the other was hummus. Oh so delicious! I also had some POM WONDERFUL and dark chocolate.
I’ve gotta go girls! But first…
Verse of the Day: I think I’ve done this one before, and if so, it’s so great I’ll do it again😀 Philippians 4:13
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Also, wish Heather luck! She has surgery tomorrow (Thursday)! Make sure to keep her in your thoughts and prayers!
She’s also having an awesome giveaway! Check it out here