Hey all! I’m so excited right now. I had my First Green Monster. Thanks so much for all the wonderful recipes y’all gave me! They’re all fantastic! I decided on trying Kiki’s recipe because it sounded great and I had all the right ingredients. I really want to get some soymilk/almond milk because I’ve seen it used in many GM as well as what a couple of you mentioned. I am going to try and try everyone’s suggestions. Thanks again!
What went in my Green Monster:
- about 2.5/3 cups of spinach
- a frozen banana, sliced
- 3 strawberries (HUGE strawberries!), sliced
- 3 spoonfuls of applesauce
- a spoonful of ground flaxseed meal
- splash of milk
Oh my word this was too amazing for word. Green is such a great color😀
On the side I had a sandwich thin. one side with Dark Chocolate Dreams and the other with Skippy Crunchy. Yum!
I took a good amount of pictures so here ya go!
But let’s recap last night, shall we? After an hour of strength training at the gym, my dad brought us home Pei Wei’s. I got the ginger broccoli with chicken and brown rice. So good! I plan on having the leftovers for lunch today.
One of last night’s was a few small scoops of all natural chocolate, a small scoop of all natural cookies n’ cream. Then crumbled a little piece of zucchini bread and some Dark Chocolate Dreams. This snack was heavenly!
Oh and before basketball this morning (which ROCKED. We did this 5 man weave drill which was really cool) I had a banana and a glass of milk.
I am so tired! After four mornings of waking up at 6:15 this girl is looking forward to sleeping in.
It’s been far too long since I up-dated my goals.
- Yoga at least 3 days a week–mix it up a bit with my yoga. I love going to classes, and I’d like to try more! There’s one on Thursdays I’m interested in. — Already accomplished this this week🙂 But I’m sure I’ll still do more!
- Going for a walk (with my poocher) every day for at least 10 minutes. Not only is this good for my mind, it’s also good for my sanity–my dog is SO much more calm when she gets her regular walks. Haha. I need to post a picture of her–she’s such a cutie! – Check, I’ve been really good about this! It’s just all about getting into a routine. You can always say “I’ll do it later” but it’s so rewarding when you do it right then and get it done. My doggie appreciates it too! I promise pics of her are coming!
- Try a new recipe/food at least twice a week. There’s so many new foods and recipes I would love to try. And I can’t wait! – Green Monster!! Need something else though…
- Try and stick to organic produce (especially apples!) or at least the Dirty Dozen — Organic Apples and Organic Spinach!!
- Have something green every day (whether it be green oats or a green monster) – Check
- Read a chapter in Proverbs every day – Check
Verse of the Day: 1 John 3:18
Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.
Have a wonderful day everyone! And thanks for all the super sweet comments lately🙂 And to new readers, welcome!!! I really appreciate every (positive—but I haven’t dealt with any negative ones yet🙂 ) comment I get!