Hey girls! Sorry for not posting last night! I got home tired and felt like just chilling in front of the T.V.
Yesterday was a really good day! I got stuff done and did some yoga, which always makes the day better!
Let’s recap yesterday’s eats, shall we? Breakfast and lunch were the most interesting, as well as the only ones photographed, so here ya go!
Breakfast: Oatmeal cooked with a banana and dried prunes. Topped with brown sugar, cinnamon stirred in, and not one, but two types of peanut butter: Mighty Maple, and Skippy Natural Super Chunk. This bowl was fantastic!!! The bowl that I served it in isn’t even a real bowl, I just stole it from a serving platter/tray thing. It was cute 🙂 AND yummy!
Lunch: I cooked a sweet potato in the microwave (5 minutes, then 10 minutes, on power level 7–wrapped in a paper towel and pricked with a fork) Came out perfect! I topped the potato with a little bit of brown sugar, and some s&p. On the side I had some mashed avocado, HUMMUS PINOLI (amazing!), and warm pita bread. Oh yeah, and two hard boiled eggs (Aka protein at it’s finest, haha). This meal held me over for a long time and it was delicious!
Today has been a really good day. I slept in till 10 o’clock and feel so rested and happy. I couldn’t decide what to have, but I ulimately decided on Angela’s Green Monster Pancakes I’ve been dying to try for some time now! I used evaporated milk instead of coconut milk because I don’t have any and chopped the banana and threw it in at the end instead of blending it, as she suggested. I also just used whole wheat pastry flour because we don’t have any spelt flour. These pancakes were fantastic! So light and airy, yet filling. Delightful! I topped mine with the other half of the sliced naner, maple syrup, and mighty maple (duhhh). I halved the recipe because I was only cooking for myself, but still ended up with like 8 pancakes. And yes, I ate them all and enjoyed them greatly!
Lunch was really good as well. I used the leftover brown rice from last night’s dinner at Pei Wei and had it with a ham n- cheese flat out wrap. Carrots and another hummus, Garlic Addiction, were also consumed. This hummus was super tasty as well. Thank you again, An Apply A Day
After reading Heather’s, Shelby’s, and Maggie’s posts about Summer/ June goals I decided to take on the Whole Life Challenge for myself. I am making this my June challenge, as they are as well. Here’s my plan:
- Yoga at least 3 days a week–mix it up a bit with my yoga. I love going to classes, and I’d like to try more! There’s one on Thursdays I’m interested in.
- Going for a walk (with my poocher) every day for at least 10 minutes. Not only is this good for my mind, it’s also good for my sanity–my dog is SO much more calm when she gets her regular walks. Haha. I need to post a picture of her–she’s such a cutie!
- Try a new recipe/food at least twice a week. There’s so many new foods and recipes I would love to try. And I can’t wait!
- Try and stick to organic produce (especially apples!) or at least the Dirty Dozen
- Have something green every day (whether it be green oats or a green monster)
- Read a chapter in Proverbs every day
I’m so excited! I might add to the list or be more specific. June’s going to be a great month 😀
Well, I’m off to get ready for the gym.
In giveaway news,
Commenting later! Speaking of commenting, I wanted to say a huge thanks to all the comments I’ve been getting lately. I truly appreciate them and you all are just so sweet. Thank you!