Wow, what a day I’ve had. No worries, it’s been a fabulous day!
But right now, I’m watching John and Kate Plus Eight and it’s just breaking my heart. I don’t know what to think of the two. I know John made a bad decision, but he wasn’t cheating. I don’t think the media has helped, I think they’ve made things a bazillion times worse. Uhh, just makes me so sad! What’s your thoughts of the whole dilemna?
I finally tried it! I am now officially on the green oats bandwagon 😀 I blended a handful of spinach with my normal oat bran base and WOW-ZA this was fantastic! What a way to start out the day. Tomorrow I’m thinking of blending it with blueberries, but I don’t know since I’m trying to save them for another yummy breakfast like this. I topped my bowl of goodness with more mighty maple. Speaking of mighty maple, I’m getting low. I probably have another serving or two left. I have got to get more, or at least another jar by PB & Company.
After breakfast, I wasn’t sure what to do, so I decided to bake whole wheat cupcakes. I have Bob’s Red Mill Baking Book and it’s an amazing cookbook. I highly suggest it! That is where I got the cupcake recipe, as well as the buttercream frosting, from. These turned out really, really good! Everyone loved them, even my grandma. Which is the ultimate approval 😉 (Please excuse the horrible lighting in the pics!)
It’s such a beautiful day outside that I decided to put on my suit and go lay out in the sun. It was so relaxing and I can’t wait to have a lovely tan. I was only out there for 15-20 minutes, just to be safe. Either way, it felt glorious!
I didn’t feel like going inside, so I played an hour of basketball. It felt really good and playing ball definitely makes me think. It almost calms me down, if that makes sense 😛 After eating an apple,
I went over to the gym for some strength training. Here’s what I did:
- 10 minutes on the stationary bike for warm up
- Leg Work:
- Hamstring: 5 sets of 10 (30 pounds)
- Hip Adduction: 4 sets of 25 (70 pounds)
- Hip Abduction: 4 sets of 25 (90 pounds)
- Calves: 25, 20, 10 (75 pounds)
- Arm Work:
- Seated Row: 3 sets of 10 (30/35 pounds)
- Lateral Pulldown: 3 sets of 10 (45 pounds)
- Row: 3 sets of 10 (30/50 pounds)
- Bicep Curl: 3 sets of 10 (25 pounds)
- Tricep Extension: 3 sets of 10 (25 pounds)
- Ab Work:
- Torso Rotation: 5 sets of 10 (15 pounds)
- 100 crunches
- Stretching and Foam Roller
The rest of the nights eats have been borranngg, but still pretty yummy.The tummy is feeling a little bit empty right now, so I bet I will be hitting up the kitchen pretty soon.
My hair smells like tea. lol. I took a long and relaxing bath! Gotta love organix products.
I want to post the email I got from K regarding my tummy troubles! She’s such a helpful girl, isn’t she? Gotta love her too 😀
Here’s my 2 cents for what their worth – as you can tell from my blog I eat A LOT of fiber! I used to get horrible, horrible stomach aches at least once a month that seriously lasted for two days. I’ve noticed a few things that I think attributed them:
1. I cut splenda and all artificial sweeteners (crystal light, gum, etc.) out of my diet a few months ago and I haven’t had a stomach ache/extra bloat since – I don’t know if you use any of those but it’s worth a try to cut them out if you do.
2. I’ve noticed different veggies affect me differently. I used to eat A LOT of carrots and salsa when I started my blog which was when I was getting these tummy troubles. Now I eat more of a variety of veggies (not nearly as many carrots as I used to eat) and my stomach hasn’t killed me like it used to. My advice – try experimenting with different fruits and veggies to see what works best even if it means cutting back on a beloved favorite (like apples as much as it would suck).
Verse of the Day: (One of my personal favorites!)
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Have a great night loves!